No. 1 Hong Kong Company Registration Service
Updated: Mar 27
Recently, Hong Kong company registration services have become more and more popular. Bestar understands why Hong Kong has attracted so many companies' interest in doing business and setting up companies in Hong Kong. Check out Why Set Up a Company in Hong Kong. As a leading provider of Hong Kong company registration services, we are uniquely positioned to provide you with a full range of services for setting up your company in Hong Kong at the most attractive rates and best value for money. You can refer to the Hong Kong Company Registration Guide to learn more about company registration in Hong Kong and how to open a company in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong is known as one of the most competitive economies in the world and serves as a gateway for international investors into China and the rest of Asia. The main reasons for global investors to register companies in the country are very attractive: proximity to Asian markets, freedom of capital, strong financial markets and a vibrant investment environment. All of these factors are important drivers that make Hong Kong the preferred investment destination for global investors choosing to set up companies in Hong Kong.
Services: company formation, company secretary, nominee directors, registered address, bank account opening, etc.
Bestar provides guidance on professional company registration services in Hong Kong.
General Requirements for Hong Kong Company Registration
- There must be at least one shareholder and director over the age of 18 to form a company.
- To set up a company in Hong Kong, you must have a company secretary (either a Hong Kong permanent resident or a Hong Kong company).
- Must have a registered office address in Hong Kong to set up a company.
Bestar Company Registration Package
As a top Hong Kong company registration service provider, we have helped thousands of businesses complete the company registration process. We ensure fast company registration so that you can incorporate your company in Hong Kong as soon as possible without any hassle.
Set up your Hong Kong company remotely at only HKD 2,150
Company registration package
- Company secretary
First year free
- Registered Address Service
Free one year
- Hong Kong government incorporation fee of HK$1,720
- Business Registration Fee of HK$150
Bestar can help you register your company in Hong Kong. Best value for money. The best and fastest company formation services in Hong Kong with no hidden fees and tricky add-ons. In addition, if you are a foreigner and want to start a business overseas, we also provide Hong Kong offshore company establishment services without actually being in Hong Kong.
Our Hong Kong company registration package costs HKD2,150 and includes:
- Company name check to check the availability of your proposed company name;
- The Hong Kong government incorporation fee of HK$1,720;
- The Business Registration Fee of HK$150;
- Establishing a company and obtaining a Certificate of Incorporation;
- Standard company Articles of Association;
- Company kit including standard Articles of Association, share certificates, minute book, register of shareholders and directors;
- Provision of a set of copies of company registration documents certified by a CPA to open a bank account in Hong Kong;
- Minutes of the first board meeting of the company;
- Submission of first director and company secretary details to Companies Registry;
- Preparation of the Significant Controllers Register and designation of a representative to liaise with the Hong Kong authorities for a period of one year;
- Free Hong Kong Airwallex Multi-Currency Corporate Account and Visa Card (No monthly fee);
- Free Hong Kong bank introduction and bank account opening service (including bank selection guidance);
- Free one-year Company Secretarial Service;
- Free one-year Registered Address Service;
- Submitting "Form NAR1 – Annual Return" for free when renewing company secretarial services for the second year;
- Free notice to IRD to open for business;
- Free one-year monitoring of filing deadlines via email;
- Free company registration consultation service;
- Free tax planning advice.
- If there are more than 5 persons or entities including directors, shareholders, beneficial owners, registrable controllers and nominee directors for a Hong Kong company, an additional charge of HK$300 per person or entity will apply.
- For Hong Kong companies formed with corporate shareholders (such as subsidiaries), an additional fee of HK$300 will be charged for each legal entity shareholder.
- A company round stamp will be charged at HK$200.
- An additional charge of HK$400 is required for a company seal (Common seal is no longer required by law);
Transparent Hong Kong company formation fees
The above package does not include accounting and tax preparation services. That said, accounting and tax filing services are available for an additional fee. Bestar will quote after reviewing the company's accounting records at the end of the accounting period. Quotes will reflect the number of transactions the company has made and whether the records are complete and well organized.
This set of CPA-certified true copy company registration documents required by banks for bank account opening includes Certificate of Incorporation, Business Registration Certificate, Articles of Association, Form NNC1, Company Particulars Search and Directors' Declaration.
Bestar will provide free guidance on bank selection for new companies based on the company's intended business activities as well as the client's business background. Guidance and services include
- Outlining the information customers need to provide to the bank
- Providing bank website link (for customers) to submit bank account opening application
- Scheduling their account opening meeting.
Please note that Bestar will not review the client's account opening application or supporting documents before submitting to the bank. Bestar will not participate in the meeting with the banker, all communication will be between the bank and the client only. The decision whether or not to open a corporate bank account is entirely at the discretion of the bank and is not influenced by Bestar. Bestar will not be liable for any claim for loss if the bank refuses or delays in opening a bank account for your Hong Kong company.
Form NAR1 – Annual Return must be prepared and lodged with the Companies Registry 42 days after the anniversary of the company’s incorporation.
In Hong Kong, the registered office address is not necessarily the place where the company conducts business activities. Most importantly, a registered office address is not limited to a commercial address. In other words, a residential address is also acceptable as a registered office address. However, residential premises must abide by the rule that they cannot be used for commercial purposes. If the residential address is leased, it is important to note whether the terms in the lease agreement allow it to be used as a registered office address. The residential address must also be able to receive all correspondence and notices during business hours. Therefore, the Companies Registry strongly recommends that companies use a commercial address as their registered address.
Please note that there is no service available to set up a company on a specific date. If we receive such a request, we will use our best endeavors to honor it in good faith. However, we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage arising from a different date of incorporation.
The business registration will be renewed annually at the amount set by the government. The business registration fee is at HK$150 per annum.
We would like to emphasize that CR may deny an application for registration if it finds that a company name is similar or an exact match to another entity, that use of the name would constitute a criminal offense, be offensive, or be contrary to the public interest. If CR rejects the application and you wish to resubmit another application for registration with CR under a new name, we can assist with another fee of HK$2,150. CR will normally refund a portion of the registration fee within the next 2 months on a case-by-case basis. Once we have received the refund amount, we will assist in transferring the refund amount to your deposit account, maintained by us, which can be used to offset any future invoices. Alternatively, if there is evidence that an existing company with a similar name is part of the same group as the new company, we can assist in bringing the explanation to CR for consideration.
Why Bestar's Company Registration Package is the Best in Hong Kong
Company registration in Hong Kong with Bestar will help you set up your company with ease. As a top company registration service provider in Hong Kong, we have one of the lowest company formation costs in Hong Kong. We offer a wide range of company formation packages so that our clients can easily start a business in Hong Kong. Customers can choose the best company formation package according to their business needs and start their business easily.
Advantages of Registering a Company in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong has a complete legal system for company registration, and you can set up your own company in Hong Kong.
- Global investors have access to international credit due to Hong Kong's reputation in the world economy.
- Hong Kong is an international financial center for the company establishment.
- There is no foreign exchange control in Hong Kong, so funds can flow freely after opening a company in Hong Kong. Foreign currency can be exchanged and transferred as needed.
-There are no restrictions on the scope of business to set up a company in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong has a simple tax system with low tax rates.
Advantages of Setting up a Private Limited Company in Hong Kong
A private limited company (Pte Ltd) company is the most common and popular business vehicle for setting up a business office in Hong Kong. Most small and medium-sized companies in Hong Kong are incorporated as "private companies limited by shares", which are often called "private limited companies". It is often chosen over other types of business tools due to its many advantages.
1. Independent legal person
A private limited company is a separate legal entity - this allows companies to acquire assets, assume debts, enter into agreements, sue or be sued in the name of the company.
2. Limited liability
The liability of the shareholders is limited to the amount of their respective investments. Generally speaking, if the company is in debt, the personal assets of the shareholders cannot be targeted.
3. Perpetual succession
Any change of membership will not affect the continued existence and operation of the company. After setting up a company in Hong Kong, the company's shares can be easily transferred, and any change in shareholders (death, resignation or insolvency of a shareholder or director) will not change the company's business operations. This means that the company has a perpetual right of succession.
4. Business capital is easy to raise
It is always easier to get a business loan for a limited company as compared to other business vehicles.
5. Ownership can be easily transferred
A limited company allows transfer of full or partial ownership by selling all (or some) of its shares or by issuing new shares to other investors. Additionally, business operations will not be affected and legal documentation will not be complicated.
6. Tax benefits and incentives
A private limited company in Hong Kong enjoys several tax advantages.
- Corporate tax (also known as profits tax): 16.5% of a company's assessable profits. Under the two-tiered profits tax system, the profits tax rate for the first $2 million profits of corporations is 8.25%. Profits above that amount will be taxed at the 16.5% rate.
- Hong Kong's taxation system follows the principle of territorial taxation. Only profits derived from Hong Kong are taxable.
- Hong Kong has no capital gains tax, dividend and interest withholding tax, sales tax or value added tax.
- Taxes need to be declared annually.
Information required for Hong Kong Company Registration
To incorporate a company, the following information must be submitted to us by completing our Hong Kong Business Registration Form.
- Proposed company name.
- A brief description of the main business activity, eg: candle business.
- For locals - Copy of Hong Kong local identity card, resume and address proof of proposed company director(s), shareholder(s), beneficial owner(s) (if any). For work pass holders, please provide us with your passport, work pass, resume, proof of residential address. (Hong Kong has no local resident requirements).
- For foreigners: Copy of passport, CV, proof of foreign residential address and national identity card (if any) of the proposed company director(s), shareholder(s), beneficial owner(s)/controller(s), nominee director(s), if any. (There are no foreign shareholder restrictions in Hong Kong - foreigners can own 100% of the company).
- For trusts: Copy of trust deed containing trust name and administrative address, copy of ID/passport, proof of residential address and resumes of settlor(s), trustee(s), beneficiary(ies), protector(s), investment manager(s), etc.
- If the company shareholders are corporate entities, please provide Memorandum and Articles of Association/Constitution copy of the corporate shareholders, Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of Incumbency or equivalent (download sample at Certificate of Incumbency), proof of registered address, company chart/structure, detailed information of corporate representatives and written documents such as board resolutions showing the subscription of shares, the shareholding percentage in the Hong Kong company, the appointment of any representative as a director of the Hong Kong company, the appointment of the corporate representative and the authorization given by the corporate shareholders to the directors (if any) and the corporate representatives etc.
If the shareholder of the corporate shareholder is also a company or corporation, please provide a similar set of business registration documents as mentioned above. We will make such a requirement of all corporate shareholders until we identify ultimate individual shareholders.
- If there is more than one shareholder, shareholding percentages details.
- Beneficial owner information (if he/she is not listed as a named shareholder).
- Amount of issued and paid-up share capital (liabilities of shareholders). Minimum is HK$1. The paid-up share capital amount must be deposited into the company bank account immediately after the company bank account is set up. Bestar will support company incorporation with a total issued and paid-up share capital of up to HK$1,000. This is the maximum amount to be taken as paid up in cash by shareholders without showing proof of funds. Should there be any request to increase the amount of issued share capital above HK$1,000, we can assist clients to do so at an additional fee after incorporation. A higher share capital amount may be required for various reasons, including but not limited to requirements of certain local authorities, contracting parties, shareholder agreements, etc.).
- Proof of address for Hong Kong registered office address (or actual business address), if available. We provide registered office services if required.
- All applicant(s), director(s), nominee director(s), shareholder(s), beneficial owner(s)/controller(s) and settlor(s), trustee(s), beneficiary(ies), protector(s), investment manager(s) (for any trust structure) contact information (name, phone, email, etc.) and occupation.
- Written confirmation (email is acceptable) from each director, nominee director, nominee director, shareholder, beneficial owner/controller, agent (if any) and settlor, trustee, beneficiary, protector, investment manager (for any trust structure) are not politically exposed persons.
- Address of principal place of business (i.e. where business operations are/will be conducted).
- Source and origin of funds used/to be used in the business (e.g. employment/business/investment income from Hong Kong).
- Expected location of customers and suppliers of Hong Kong company.
- Purpose of incorporation in Hong Kong (e.g. business operation/investment holding/any other purpose).
- The Hong Kong company's estimated annual turnover to be derived from Hong Kong and overseas.
- Whether the business operations will be based in Hong Kong.
- Also, please scan us the following information (usually required by Hong Kong banks), if any:-
Communication records with Hong Kong/China clients
Proof of business ownership of an existing overseas or Hong Kong company
Financial report or income tax return of existing company
Business bank account statements of the existing company for the last 3 months.
Additional information required for clients who appoint agents to act on their behalf
- Agent contact information (name, phone number, email, etc.)
- Copy of agent’s passport, proof of residential address and national identity card (if applicable)
- A copy of the agency’s incorporation documents containing the Certificate of Incorporation and Certificate of Incumbency or equivalent (click Certificate of Incumbency to download a sample) if available
- A copy of the authorization letter that the client has appointed an agent to act on his behalf.
A politically exposed person refers to an individual or person who has held or been entrusted with any important public office in a foreign country or Hong Kong, or a person or individual who has been or been entrusted with any important public office by an international organization, and this includes close associates or immediate family members of such person or individual.
Steps to Set Up a Company in Hong Kong
1. Complete and submit the Company Registration Form.
2. We will conduct a company name search and check the availability of suggested names and contact you within 24 hours (see our Guide to Choosing a Company Name for more information).
3. Email us the required company information and proof of payment for our Hong Kong company formation fee.
4. After receiving your payment, we will email all Hong Kong company registration documents to you for your signature.
5. Once we have received your scanned signed documents, we will contact you to perform basic identity verification with you.
6. Once the verification is complete, we will proceed to incorporate the company with CR.
7. Certificate of Incorporation issued by CR.
8. Once the company incorporation process is complete, Bestar will email you all the relevant incorporation documents for your records.
The entire Hong Kong company registration process takes about 3-5 working days.
With the assistance and guidance of professionals, company registration in Hong Kong becomes a breeze. Contact us now and let us guide you in setting up a company in Hong Kong!